Friday, May 13, 2011

Another Quigley Down Under

Alright bloggers, followers, and people who have nothing better to do than read this blog.  The long awaited comeback of my blog (which didn't really have much to comeback to) has finally arrived.  I have been reading some others' blogs and what not and I have been inspired to blow the dust off my own. 

My inspiration also stems from some the recent events in my life.  I am about to undertake an adventure far greater than I originally anticipated it to be.  After much consideration (and prodding from all 3 of those who read my blog or listen to my stories) I have realized that it will be beneficial to keep a record of this adventure. Lucky for you, I am going to keep that record here, for your enjoyment as much as my own.

You're probably asking yourself, "So what is this great adventure?" Well, next week I will be heading "down under" to spend the next few months living, working, and playing in Melbourne, Australia! 

I have been working on finding an international internship somewhere in the world for a long time.  After applying to just about every continent, I finally know where I am going and have a visa!  The visa was an important part that I had truly underestimated the complexity it would bring into my life.

Aside from the adventure and experiences that I will have while embarking on this journey, there is another side to this story that will make my experiences even sweeter.   You see, I have been raised all my life hearing about the "down under".  Both my father and uncle served missions for the LDS church in Australia.  I won't be living anywhere either of them passed.  Nonetheless, because my dad is a bit of a hero in my eyes, stories of Australia have always been pure fantasy to me.  The country definitely holds a special place in my heart.

I'm going into this with one and only one expectation.  It will be an experience of a lifetime! All the who, what, when, where, why, and hows will be answered in their own due time.  I am as anxious to know all the answers you all are. 

Until next time bloggers...

"Hoo-Roo!" (I sure do hope they say that there!)

0 comments: